2021 Salford International Online Brass Soloist Competition
Congratulations to the competitors and winners of the recent 2021 Salford International Online Brass Soloist Competition. The adjudicators for the competition were Tom Hutchinson, Brett Baker and Mark Wilkinson, whilst generous support for the initiative came from Band Supplies Leeds and composer Dan Price, who kindly donated a solo with accompaniment that can be picked from his catalogue of music.
Competition organisers thanked competitors for their outstanding performances following the announcement of the results of the event. Alan Hobbins, Jeremie Favre and Elliot Gray, stated, "We would like to thank all the competitors. The standard throughout both the preliminary rounds and the finals was very high, something echoed by our three adjudicators videos on our Facebook page in the preliminary rounds. It was great to hear new players perform from the UK and Europe and we will be following all of them with great interest in their musical journeys in the future."
1. Nayan Shah (Cornet) — National Childrens Band of Great Britain
2. Izzy Deans (Cornet) — Chichester City Band
3. Vincent Pralong (Trombone) — Echo de la Dent-Blanche
15 to 17 Years:
1. Oriane Bruckel (cornet) — La Lyre Conthey
2. Lewis Barton (cornet) — Elland Silver Band
3. Margot Sauthier (cornet) — Valaisia Brass Band La Contheysanne
Open Section 18's and over
1. Luke Barker (cornet) — Flowers Band
2. Danny Jones (euphonium) — Aldbourne Band
3. Lucie Vergere (Eb tuba) — La Concordia Vetroz
For more news, features, articles and reviews, subscribe to BBW Digital, available to read online (annual subscription: £30), or subscribe to BBW's printed magazine delivered by post: £40 (UK); £68 (Europe); £81 (Rest of the World). Alternatively, receive both the Digital and printed editions combined: £55 (UK); £83 (Europe); £96 (rest of the world) - saving 50% on the Digital edition. Click here to subscribe!